Connect with us

Chelsea

Man Utd suffer transfer blow as Barcelona plan to extend the contract of this 23-year-old

Published

on

Manchester United may have suffered a transfer blow ahead of the January transfer window. The Red Devils who have been linked with moves to sign Ousmane Dembele from Barcelona may have to look elsewhere.

According to a report, the Catalans are ready to the extend the contract of the 23-year-old following his performance against Ferencvaros in Budapest in the UCL on Wednesday night.

Dembele scored a goal out of Barcelona’s 3-0 win and this has helped resurrect the Spanish club interest in him.

A source at Barca told ESPN that the club are aware Manchester United are still monitoring the France international’s situation but that the Blaugrana are confident of getting him to commit to a new long-term deal with the reports disclosing that negotiations have been ongoing now for several weeks.

Recall that the Red Devils had shown interest to sign Dembele on loan in summer but he stayed back at Camp Nou to fight for his place in the team even though Barcelona were ready to let him leave as at then.

Woodward supports Man Utd coach with long term plan

Since returning from a seven-month injury layoff, Dembele has been working hard to get back his spot on Koeman’s side this season. So far he has scored four goals and two assists in 11 appearances.

A dressing room source at Barca told ESPN that Dembele, who is in his fourth season at the club, “is doing everything asked of him and that’s why Koeman’s giving him so many minutes.”

Another report revealed that Barca want to extend Dembele’s contract so as not to lose him for free considering the fact that they spent a initial fee of €105 million to sign him from Borussia Dortmund in 2017 as a replacement for Neymar.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

© 2020 Ivisionsport. All Rights Reserved