Liverpool target refuse to sign new contract
The Reds have been connected with a move for the talented winger in the next transfer window, while Borussia Dortmund and Barcelona are also said to be interested.
The 20-year-old’s present contract is set to lapse toward the end of June 2021, and it had been reported that Valencia had opened talks with their sought after young player as they hope to fight off interest from somewhere else.
However, a story from Spanish news outlet AS state that in spite of the fact that the La Liga side put another deal on the table merely months back, Torres has chosen not to make any decision on his future until the end of the season.
Along these lines the player has not yet responded to Valencia’s proposition but, in spite of the fact that he has not verbally dismissed their offer, the club consider his to be of response as a ‘no’ and are currently planning to lose him sooner or nearest future.
There seems to be some tension between the two parties reports says, with his manager Albert Celades making contact whatsoever with Torres since Valencia came back to training last Saturday.
These most recent developments could be to further Liverpool’s potential benefit should they decide to make an official offer for the attacker, who has been named as an ideal fit for Jurgen Klopp’s system.
Nonetheless, they would need to pay around £90million to get him out of the final year of his contract, which appears to be improbable given the financial effect the coronavirus pandemic is probably going to have on transfers.
On the other hand, they could endeavor to hold up another year and sign him on a free transfer but there is no assurance he will even now be available by at that point, especially with some of Europe’s top clubs said to be monitoring the situation.
Torres has scored nine goals and 11 assists in 88 appearances for Valencia, with most of those coming in the 2019/20 campaign.