Arsenal submit second bid for Chelsea’s target
Arsenal are keen on signing a new player before the January transfer window closes in a matter of days.
The latest report revealed the Gunners have submitted a second bid to Brighton for Moises Caicedo as they push to sign the 21-year-old ahead of Chelsea.
Arsenal’s second bid is said to be a £60m fee plus £10m in add-ons, and according to the Daily Mail, Brighton are set to turn down the offer as they insist on £80m for the player.
This would make it Arsenal’s second bid for the 21-year-old star this week after their opening £60m offer was also rejected.
Caicedo have been banished from Brighton training as he tries to force through a move. He would also miss their FA Cup clash with Liverpool on Sunday.
Chelsea who have been linked with moves for the midfielder and previously saw their £55m bid rejected by Brighton are said to be planning to submit a second bid for the Seagulls star.
While Brighton have said they would not be selling Caicedo, it, however, looks like any club that want him would have to splash £80m to convince the Seagulls to let him leave.